Often people think if we eat at home instead of outside food, it will help us in losing weight at a faster rate. But that does not always work.
We should also know the right choice of foods and what to pick for maintaining/reducing weight. And it doesn't matter from where that food comes.
As a Nutritionist, here are few tips which will help you in losing weight:
- Avoid Sugar and Sugar made products - Don't keep chocolates, sweets, pastries, muffins, cakes, cookies and any sweet sauces. In Cornell University, researchers found that employees ate nine chocolates when a jar of chocolates was kept on desk and when it was moved away they ate only four.
- Keep snacks out of reach - If you keep fried snacks far from your reach , when you try to find them, you ask yourself 'Do I really need this?' You may give up on the idea altogether after that.
- Prefer Greens - Always keep green, yellow, orange, and red colour vegetables stocked in your fridge
- Keep a weighing scale in your Kitchen - It will make you habitual of measuring food items before consuming. This will help you in knowing the metrics of katori(Bowls ) , spoon, serving spoon, Tablespoon and glasses
- Drink water while cooking- While cooking, heat is produced in your body due to the flame. This dehydrates your body and you feel lethargic. Keep sipping water so that you will increase water intake & also eat less than before.
- Keep different chutneys for flavor instead of mayonnaise, cheese (except cottage cheese).