Fruit has been recognised as a good source of vitamins and minerals, and for their role in preventing vitamin C and vitamin A deficiencies. People who eat fruit as part of an overall healthy diet generally have a reduced risk of chronic diseases. I personally recommend making half your plate fruits and vegetables for healthy eating.
Fruits and their Medicinal Benefits
- Pineapple - High amount of potassium and low levels of sodium in pineapple help maintain blood pressure levels; being a rich source of antioxidants, fight against free radicals in the body and prevents cell damage. Thus protect from diseases like arthritis , atherosclerosis , and heart diseases
- Papaya - Rich in dietary fibre, lower blood cholesterol. Enzyme papain in papaya is a digestive enzyme and thus act as a natural laxative and help in easy elimination.Anti inflammatory enzyme papain help in relieving arthritis pain.
- Water Melon - has high amounts of potassium which is helpful in cleaning the toxic depositions in the kidneys. It also lowers the concentration of Uric acid in the blood. Effective in reducing body temperature thus protect body from heat stroke.
- Pomegranate - Rich in iron which help in raising haemoglobin levels to correct anaemia. Contains powerful antioxidant vitamin c which helps to minimise free radicals and their effects in the body.
- Strawberries - it's anti inflammatory properties is incomparable due to unique combination of various anti-oxidants like anthocyanin, flavonoids , terpenoids and phenolic acid . High in potassium - reduce bone loss which comes with ageing by preserving calcium stores.
- Kiwi - provides 16 % of the dietary fibre on daily basis and thus relieves constipation.Rich in zinc - helps keep hair, skin and nails healthy
- Cherries - loaded with potassium and thus help in maintaining blood pressure levels.2 cups of cherries daily can lower Uric acid and thus reduced inflammation that is caused because of formation of Uric acid crystals in the body.