HERE ARE SOME INTERESTING FACTS :
- METABOLISM: Your metabolism is like a car. If you don't put petrol in the tank, it won't run. The metabolic rate of women is slower than that of men.
- HORMONES: A female body is more prone to hormonal imbalance which interferes in weight loss. This makes the metabolism more slower.
- EMOTIONS: In females emotions run higher as compared to males. Mood and behavior of a person varies the more and less eating pattern of that person.
- DIFFERENT STAGES: A female body has to face many stages like the menstruation stage, pregnancy stage, menopausal stage. At every stage hormones plays an important role. A man's body does not go through any of such stage. Hence, it is easier for them to lose weight faster.
- ACTIVITY PATTERN: There is a difference in male and female physical activity pattern an schedule. They tend to burn more calories than female.
- MUSCLE VS FAT: Males have more muscle mass as compared to females. They are genetically gifted to have a higher percentage of muscle and less fat which works in favor of keeping them fit and allow them to eat more calories.
- Women's bodies have a tendency to "hold on" to a certain amount of fat. But in some cases the problem can be traced directly to certain habits and lifestyle traps.
- Some women have trouble losing weight not because they eat too much but because they eat too little.
- R.D.A: The recommended dietary allowances of calorie intake is different for both males and females. when females consume same amount of calories as males and don't burn that amount of calorie they tend to gain weight.
- Women have the tendency to consume left overs hence, they might gulp down extra calories which results in weight gain. Remember your gut is not a dustbin in which you can throw left over.
But yes, if anyone follows a healthy lifestyle he/she can achieve an ideal body weight irrespective of gender. Let's begin our journey to health!