Knee pain is referred to as a condition when the knee joints (which are responsible for walking, running, sitting, and standing, along with bearing the maximum weight of the body for most forms of physical activities) are significantly inflamed, giving rise to severe pain in particular areas or the entire knee joint.
There might also be severe stiffness around the knee joint which might make it very difficult to function. Today, different homeopathic treatments are available for knee pain and swelling. Knee pain might occur due to obesity, old age, different forms of arthritis, severe injury in the knee or the associated ligament or bones, knee cap dislocation, overuse of the knee joint, and infections of the knee joint.
Homeopathic Treatment For Knee Pain
Homeopathy is one of the popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of homeopathic remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptom similarity by using a holistic approach. The aim of homeopathy is not only to remove the symptom of knee pain but to cure its underlying cause. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved homeopathic medicines are available for knee pain that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities, and extension of the knee pain.
Homeopathic Medicines for Knee Pain and Swelling
1. Bryonia Alba: This homeopathic preparation is effective in curing knee pain with the symptoms of severe pain in the knee joints while walking. If the knee pain is caused due to osteoarthritis, Bryonia Alba can prove to be a useful remedy.
2. Rhus tox: If the knee pain comes with the symptoms of severe pain in damp weather, or intense pain after the initial movement which tends to gets better in continuous motion, a prescribed dosage of RhusTox might help in the elimination of the pain.
3. Colchicum: This homeopathic medicine is useful in treating knee pain which worsens due to movement and subsequently improves in warm weather or after getting appropriate rest.
4. Silicea: This preparation is useful in curing knee pain which retains the sensation of being tightly bound during all times.
5. Lachesis: If the knee pain is caused due to rheumatoid arthritis, Lachesis can be an effective homeopathic medicine. Lachesis can also be prescribed if the pain is accompanied by an abnormal growth around the affected area.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines for knee pain.
It is advisable to consult a practicing Homeopathic doctor before resorting to self-medication.