Green tea is mainly available from China & Japan prepared from unoxidized dried leaves named as Camellia sinensis duly brewed by a particular process. This is full of polyphenols, catechin, antioxidants as given under.
- Energy - 0.96kcal
- Protein - 0.2gm
- Thiamine (B1) (1%) 0.007 mg
- Riboflavin (B2) (5%) 0.06 mg
- Niacin (B3) (0%) 0.03 mg
- Vitamin B6 (0%)0.005 mg
- Vitamin C (0%) 0.3 mg
- Iron (0%) 0.02 mg
- Magnesium (0%) 1 mg
- Manganese (9%) 0.18 mg
- Potassium (0%) 8 mg
- Sodium (0%) 1 mg
- Water 99.9 g
- Caffeine 12 mg.
- Weight Loss- Green tea is a one of the strongest antioxidants. Therefore, it has powerful effects on extra body fat that is visceral fats which are been deposited on belly, hips, buttock mainly females of old ladies. There is study that consuming green tea for 2 years or more have reduction of weight 1kg 800gms of all human subjects. Green tea increases metabolic rate & fat oxidation 15%- 17% & thus high chances of fat burning.
- Heart Diseases – Green tea contains Flavonoids & a Polyphenol derivative, which helps in protecting heart by balancing Cholesterol blood circulations . There is study that participants who drink 5-6 cups of green tea have all good things like weight gain , healthy heart. This controls over oxidation of fat & subsequent free radicals. Over all green tea balance LDL, Triglyceride & HDL.
- Cancer – Green tea contains Catechins which is important to prevent or inhibit carcinogens & also having more free radicals scavenging properties. High level of polyphenols in tea help kill cancerous cells and stop them from growing. Green tea have significant results on uncontrolled cell growth , either benign or malignant cancer by it’s anti oxidant activities. As per studies, green tea reduces prostate cancer by 47% & breast cancer by 20-22%.
- Nervous System – Green tea has good benefits on Alzheimer’s disease & Parkinson disease as well as dementia. It can enhance magnesium & Catechin to improve brain functioning. Green tea improves the function of dopamine & nor epinephrine, the most important neurotransmitters. Green tea further contains L- theanin which crosses blood brain barrier & works on gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which is mostly responsible for anxiety.
- Diabetes – Green has really good & remarkable benefits on Type II Diabetes. Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels up to 42% . So those who are victimized by Type II Diabetes or similar lifestyles disorders can get relief & gradual prevention from this.
- Teeth decay & cavities – Green tea has good role on Streptococcus bacillus mainly Streptococcus mutan responsible for mouth affect, decay & foul smell. It causes plaque & tends to decay or cavities. Green tea has significant role on this bacterial to kill & ant bacterial in mouth.
- Great choice for obesity – As a nutritionist, I can tell you that green is the first level of beverage have enormous role in weight loss by regular drinking of 3-5 cups. There is no gastric effects rather has weight reduction benefits gradually by balancing metabolic rate.
- Instant & unlimited Energy- Green tea has wonderful result to boost up memory as already discussed, once any body drink it by few seconds, it will boost up brain functioning , memory, energy & freshness activating nerves & three parts of brains upper, middle & lower lobes. So not only relaxations on brain & also muscles, eyes relaxations.
- Great variable taste & satisfaction- Finally like other beverages green tea not merely a boring beverage but a interesting all time favorite energy drink can remove tiredness, exam fear, long time working
performance without any side effects.
- Cost benefits & varieties- So, needless to say green tea is nearest & dearest one to all of us which has not only uncountable benefits but cost wise affordable with a plenty of varieties available now days. So say
good morning & start your day with green tea!!