Obesity is considered as a disease and acts as a risk factor for many diseases like arthritis, cardiovascular disorders, diabetes and even depression.
Tips to reduce obesity:
- If there is any underlying cause such as hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism etc., it needs to be checked.
- Reduce your calorie intake than only body will be able to used stored fat.
- Start your day with warm water, half lemon and half teaspoon of honey.
- Along with that take 1 teaspoon of flax seeds.
- Include three servings of fruits out of which one serving should be of dryfruit.
- Take seasonal fruit, no fruit juices.
- Avoid fruits like banana, custard apple which are high in calories.
- Four servings of vegetable including green leafy vegetable.
- Start your lunch or dinner with a plate of salad or bowl of soup.
- Include variety of cereals like wheat, jowar, bajra, corn etc.
- Take Brown rice instead of white rice.
- At least twice take oats for breakfast.
- Instead of two large meal take 4 smaller portions.
- Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily.
- Whenever you are hungry in between drink water, buttermilk or coconut water.
- Avoid sweets and fried things.
- Exercise daily for half an hour.
- Go for a walk after dinner.
There are Homeopathic medicines which when taken along with the above measures helps to lose weight successfully.
Remember weight loss can only be achieved by the joint effort of doctor and patient.