I-pill is emergency contraceptive; not an abortion pill.
It helps in preventing an unplanned pregnancy.
I-pill should be taken within 72 hrs. It works most effectively if taken within 12 hrs of unprotected sex.
I-pill is not suitable for teenagers.
If you are thinking of i-pill your age must be above 25 yrs.
You must know following side effects of i-pill
- Lower abdominal pain
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal discharge
- Excess bleeding or scanty bleeding for several days
- Mess-up with menstrual cycle for longer time (3 to 6 months)
- Decreases libido (sex drive)Affects fertility
- Higher chances of pcos
- I-pill have 10% failure rate
- I-pill should not be repeated within 6 months
- I-pill does not offer protection against hiv/aids & sexually transmitted diseases
Instead of this partner must use safer option like condom. It provides protection against unwanted pregnancy, HIV & sexually transmitted diseases