Whether you have been together with your partner for years or just met, taking a step ahead to indulge in physical love is something very special. However, before you engage in any kind of foreplay or sexual activity with your partner, it is essential to talk about the same.
Talking about sex with your partner is not a bad idea. According to sexologists, discussing physical activity always makes you and your partner comfortable. It doesn’t have to be difficult or embarrassing anymore.
It is very important that you check on the following things before having sex with your partner:
1. It is extremely important to talk about the sexual history of both of you before engaging in sex. As they say, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Thus, don’t give a second thought to discussing STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases), STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections), or HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Viruses) status with your partner. You must treat it as a part of an important conversation. It will save you and your partner from unwanted risk.
2. Talk about having safe sex. Make sure that you engage in intercourse while you are wearing a condom. You can also discuss the different forms of protection that you and your partner might want to go for.
3. Discuss the likes and dislikes of your partner when it comes to sexual pleasure. It could be a fun conversation and will result in a better experience while engaging in sexual activity with your partner.
4. Define your boundaries as there might occur a difference in opinion with your partner. Your definition of making love could be different from your partner’s. Thus, talk about intimate needs to clarify the boundaries.
5. Before any conversation, you must ensure that your partner feels comfortable while talking to you. The comfort zone is very important before having sex. Make your partner comfortable in your relationship before taking the major step ahead.