India loses too many lives and resources, fighting diseases which can be prevented.
Swine Flu (H1N1 Influenza)infection is one such infectious disease which is now a regular yearly occurrence.
Symptoms of Swine Flu (H1N1Influenza)
1) Regular Flu symptoms (sore throat, runny nose,body aches, headache, chills, and fatigue)
2) fever & cough.
3) Diarrhea and vomiting.
The distinguishing features (from common influenza) are diarrhea, vomiting and a Fever over 100 F
Management at Home:
If you suspect swine Flu the first step is Isolation of patient and contacting for Medical help.
In the meantime, these measures may help ease symptoms:
1) Drink plenty of liquids. Choose water, juice and warm soups to prevent dehydration.
2) Rest. Get more sleep to help your immune system fight infection.
Precautions for Swine Flu:
1) Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
2) Wash your hands often with soap and water,especially after you cough or sneeze.
3) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
4) Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
5) Do not use public transport or air travel, attend Office, School or social events if you are sick.
6) Use Air Filters, Masks.
Prevention of Swine Flu:
Yearly Influenza vaccination (Quadrivalent Influenza vaccine) awareness should be top priority for all of us.
Use Quadrivalent Influenza vaccine and always buy the vaccine from main stockists (cold chain management is better),always use dry ice to transport the vaccine and always insist on bill of purchase (prevents sale of spurious drugs)
Remember H1N1 Influenza can be prevented by vaccination and treated with success.