Health benefits of Phalsa or Falsa
- The fruit controls the blood pressure and cholesterol also soothing liver and gall bladder problems,
- It solves urinary problems such as burning and their juice helps ease the problem of high acidity and indigestion
- Phalsa cures anemia and skin dryness.
- Phalsa relieves headaches, pimples, burning sensations, acidity, leucorrhea, and food aversion.
- The fruit brings on urine flow, relieves thirst, protects against heat stroke, vomiting, nausea, and uneasy feelings due to heat.
- The juice is digestive and alleviates stomach aches, normalizes the heart rate and blood pressure.
- The fruit is full of antioxidants and is used to reduce cancer risk.
- The ripe fruit is cooling. It is used to relieve heat conditions, throat disorders, and stomach aches.
Recipe For Phalsa Sherbet
- 1/2 Kg Phalsa fruit
- 2 Litres Water
- 2 Tsp Ground cumin seeds
- 2 Tsp Rock salt
- Jaggery or Sugar or kishmish or dates for sweetness
- Fresh mint leaves for garnishing
- Soak phalsa in water for 30 minutes.
- Strain out the fruit.
- Mash the fruit and remove the seeds.
- Add ground cumin, rock salt and jaggery to the water. Mix well.
- Chill, add garnishing and serve.