Once associated with old age, Back pain is now trouble to even youngsters and middle-aged people. A large share of the blame goes to the changing lifestyle. As lifestyle is getting more and more sedentary, problems like these are surfacing.
So, what changes can you make to your lifestyle to get rid of your frequent Back Pain? Bansal Global Hospital’s senior orthopaedic doctor and head of the department, Dr Suresh Bansal, gives us some tips:
1. Walk a portion of your travel: Walk to travel would be a much-exaggerated suggestion given that most of our workplaces are miles away. But what you can do is at least walk to the bus stand or metro station. Easy availability of convenience has got people lazier. But if you want to get rid of your weakening bones, you need to go back in time.
2. Visit a doctor followed by a physiotherapist: If your problem is persisting and you are suffering for more than 2 months. Consult an orthopaedic doctor. You should also consult a physiotherapist regularly to learn back exercises.
3. Focus on your diet: You can take some nutrient supplements as an immediate measure, but to be fit in the long run, change your food habits. Cut on the fast food and add some calcium and iron-rich food to your diet.
Other things you should keep in mind are:
- To avoid carrying heavy bag packs on your back.
- Ensure that your pillow is considerably soft and the mattress is ortho approved.
- You constantly change position while at work rather than sitting in the same position.
- Use a cushion for your office chair and try to sit upright stretching your shoulders at regular intervals