My today article is about overdentures, what they are and how they are superior then normal dentures:-
Overdentures are the dentures which are removable and they derive their support from one or abutment teeth by completely enveloping them beneath the fitting surface. The abutment teeth are usually root canal treated and simply reduced in size. They are usually covered with metal coping over them. Overdenture completely covers these tooth and coping and derived its retention from them.
There are mainly two types of overdentures:-
1 Tooth supported overdentures.
2 Implant supoorted overdentures.
Benefits of the overdentures:-
- Restores proper chewing, allowing a better diet and improved health
- Improves speech andconfidence
- Increases comfort with less irritation of gum tissue
- Ends the cost and inconvenience of denture adhesives
- Often can utilize your existing denture
- Minimally invasive procedure