Everyone wants to look perfect without too much effort. And there are a few tips and tricks that might help you look slimmer. If you learn how to choose the right combination of clothes, accessories and apply your makeup correctly, you can certainly look slimmer than you really are. For this, you simply have to watch out your heaviest parts and figure out your actual figure. Once you know this, you will be able to dress and hide your flabbiness smartly. Just keep in mind that if you are 4 – 5 kgs more than your ideal weight, you will be easily able to hide that slight flabbiness that occurs at specific places. However, in order to achieve this, you need to follow a few tips and tricks and pay attention to some important details that emphasize your qualities and hide your flaws.
1. Look Slim With The Right Clothes & Accessories
A. Choosing the right Colours: Prefer wearing one colour from top to bottom or you have lighter or darker shade of the same colour also. You can bring variety by adding up bright coloured shoes if you like.
Avoid too bright colors. Wearing clothes in too bright and vivid colors draws all the attention on the areas you want to camouflage. It is a globally recognized fact that black color, if used properly could make you seem surprisingly slimmer. Prefer dark coloured clothes especially on the parts that are flabby. Black and navy blue are your best friends and life savers in case you want to “drop” a few pounds. Remember, dark colour is weight minimizing and it draws attention towards itself too. If you want to mix different colors, make sure you choose them in similar tones.
If you are wearing a light coloured blouse, put on a dark coloured tailor-made jacket. This will make you look thinner. A blazer in a dark color has to be a must-have in every woman’s wardrobe. It flatters every body shape as it accentuates the waist and it ends on the hips. Wear it unbuttoned over a t-shirt. Also, Jackets & Pullovers can have the same slimming effect, if you choose one with a longer cut.
B. Choosing Tops for Looking Slim: Whatever you wear choose V-necks, boat necks, open-caller button ups and scoop necks. Avoid high necks, chinese necks and polo necks if you wish to look thin.
If you have a chubby neck, choose V- NECK LINE.
They create the illusion of a longer, leaner body & give a slim look.
Wearing a flown and low neck blouse with a short skirt or skinny jeans will also help you look thinner and taller.
Wear tops that are tight on the chest and has long neck. Prefer the tops that appear loose at your waist like an A line or umbrella as well. In any case, let the top flow away from the waist so that it keeps away the attention of people from your large waist.
C. Choosing Bottoms for Looking Slim: Skinny jeans usually have stretch in them, so they’re figure flattering and will make you feel thinner. You’ve to get them in darker denim. With the skinny jeans, choose a top that looks great and can secretly tame your tummy.
When wearing western outfits, remember boot cut jeans are best for you. You can also go for low waist jeans. Mid length jackets will be perfect over that. Avoid baggy or long coats.
Skirts made of stretchable material can also appear looking good on you if you are a little over weight.
When choosing skirts, avoid pleated ones rather choose A-line pattern and skinny skirts that have a slit at the back. Be sure that the slit is up to your knees. If you love skirts, avoid the extremes, and stay away from too short or too long. The short ones will make your legs look thicker, while longer ones will only add volume and therefore extra pounds. A midi skirt is the perfect choice for a skinny and chic appearance.
High-waist pants or skirts are perfect if you have generous curves, as they camouflage a big stomach and anaesthetic love handles. Even if you might be a little reticent when it comes to accentuating your waist, you should know that a fine belt can really have a magic effect.
If your bottom is heavy nothing will look more beautiful than wearing a sensuous saree or you can also have anarkali cut kurta with a churidar preferably.
Vertical lines and small prints. This is one trick that always works. Clothes with vertical stripes are the best option when you want to hide a few pounds and look taller and slimmer. Wear striped skirts, pants, blouses, t-shirts and even dresses. As for prints, small and discrete ones can help you obtain a more structured outfit. Avoid horizontal stripes as this will make you appear shorter and fatter as well.
Clothes that are too loose add bulk to your figure & too tight makes you look fatter. Opting for a WELL FIT clothes gives slim look.
D. Wearing High Heels: Heels can make you look taller. But make sure you are comfortable with them and can carry them perfectly.
Remember, when you are in heels your jeans or the long skirt must cover your heels.
High-heeled shoes and sandals are a mandatory item for every woman who wants to look slimmer. If you feel rather uncomfortable wearing high-heeled shoes, try a pair of wedges or platform sandals.
E. Right Makeup: Makeup is one of the elements that can do wonders. Use eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara in order to pop out those eyes. The bigger your eyes, the slimmer your face features will look.
In order to slim down your face, you have to avoid applying blush on the apples of your cheekbones, and apply it starting from the back of the cheekbones and going up to the temples.
Leg makeup. Even if it sounds a bit strange, you should know that this trick really works. Apply a line along your legs using oil, right in the centre, this gives a glowing effect and will make your legs look longer.
F. Wear a Corset: You can a wear a well fitted corset to look slimmer & in shape instantly. It is advised only for short duration for e.g. in a party or any social occasion. You can use corset to make your waist line look slimmer. They make every outfit look better. Corset for men are also available these days.
Avoid prolonged use.
G. Choose right Accessories: Play with accessories if you want to draw the attention on your best features and draw it away from the parts you feel insecure about. Therefore, chunky jewellery, scarves, belts, hats or any other accessory you find relevant and useful can help you emphasize your qualities and hide flaws.
2. Time for Change: Change your appearance and add spice to your life without breaking the bank. You don’t need to renovate your wardrobe if you’re looking for change a few snips in the right places will do the trick.
Changing your look every now and again does wonders for your self-esteem, and it also gives you a break from an otherwise monotonous existence. You will be surprised at how much it will pep you up. A different hairstyle can do wonders for changing your entire image and this goes for men too (think Aamir Khan in Dil Chahta Hai).
A tousled, messy and rebellious hair will only help your face by making it look smaller and offering an elongated shape. Try a back comb hairstyle, adding extra volume for a stylish, sexy look. Also, choose the right haircut for your face shape, one that instantly elongates your face. Or start off by getting a haircut and we mean a proper cut, not just a trim. Changing your look doesn’t necessarily mean that long hair should be cut short. You can keep the length if you so desire and get it cut in steps, or, shorten it from the front so that it frames your face. Avoid getting a fringe unless your hair is very straight, silky and thick so that the fringe bounces back on your forehead every time you run your hands through it or when the wind blows.
If you don’t want to cut your hair, think about colouring it. You could go in for an all-over colour or for highlights. If you go in for an all-over colour, opt for a colour just a few shades different to your natural hair shade. If you do want to go in for a colour very different from yours opt for highlighting instead of all-over colour. Add a few more highlights to the front of your face so they are more visible, and fewer highlights scattered through your hair at the back. In this manner your hair texture will not suffer.
3. Sleep Well: Get enough sleep. If you feel your body has a slow metabolism, getting sufficient sleep is a great way to boost it. This does not mean that you sleep for forty days and forty nights at a stretch and expect to wake up skinny as a bamboo stick! Sorry, but you’re just not that lucky. However, if your body is not getting sufficient sleep, it slows down your metabolism. Try and catch eight to nine hours of sleep every night; you will end up burning more calories than you did with just six or seven hours of sleep.
4. Brighten Up: Expose yourself to a healthy dose of sunlight. Unlike most vitamins, Vita D can be manufactured by your body, provided you’re exposed to sunlight. Receptors in your brain need Vita D to keep hunger and cravings in check, as well as to pump up levels of the mood-elevating chemical serotonin. (Good thing, since dieting often comes with a heaping side of crankiness.) Vita D even optimizes your body’s ability to absorb other important weight-loss nutrients, especially calcium. When your body lacks calcium, it can experience up to a fivefold increase in the fatty acid syntheses, an enzyme that converts calories into fat. Therefore a healthy dose of sunlight helps a lot to slim you down.
Did you know that dark rooms tend to make you feel low, and also cause you to overeat? If you are one of those people who tend to eat more when they are unhappy, it’s time to lighten up! Brighten your room, liven up the atmosphere – don’t live in dingy surroundings. Add some cheer to your home! Bin those 60-watt bulbs and place 100-watt bulbs in your room.
5. Incentivize Yourself: Need some cutting edge incentive if you have fat upper arms, get a tattoo high up on your arm. You can then work towards losing weight on your arms to show it off. If you want to lose weight on your belly, pierce your belly button or get a tattoo on your waist, just above where you wear your trousers. You will be aching to flaunt it!
6. De Stress: oftenWe live in a society that demands we do more, be more, and achieve more. Stress moves us forward and helps cope with life’s demands, but it also affects our mood and emotions. Stress response, whether it is ‘fight-or-flight,’ juggling too many responsibilities, or coping with financial pressures, triggers a biochemical process where our bodies go into survival mode. “Our bodies store fuel, slow down metabolism, and dump out chemicals [cortisol, leptin, and other hormones] which are more likely to cause … obesity in the abdominal region.
Many people reach for food to help ease the stress. But, of course, this doesn’t work in the long run. Food is a temporary fix because it does not deal with the real stressors that must be addressed in order to reduce the trigger for eating and fix the problem. Stress eaters tend to prefer high-carbohydrate foods because these foods trigger an increase in the brain chemical serotonin, which has a calming effect. It is almost like self-medicating. Many people binge on starchy foods to make themselves feel better.
It is recommended to use relaxation techniques such as yoga / Meditation, as well as exercise, which also burns calories and provides other health benefits. Also you can de stress yourself by developing a hobby like dancing, listening music, by playing sports like badminton, by socializing or even by going on holidays. Spending time with kids & playing with them, also de stresses you.