Having a beautiful & perfect smile is a dream of every youngster and many people!
When it comes to perfect smile, it means we are talking about braces treatment. People have this question in their mind,"Is it possible to straighten teeth without braces?"
So the answer to this question is “YES”; you can achieve your dream smile without braces but it depends upon your dental corrections.
As there is a saying that a perfect smile is the best accessory that you can wear with confidence. But it lacks in many people because of maligned teeth.
We can align your teeth with braces but many people don't want to wear braces because of many personal reasons. Now we have another way to straighten your teeth without braces just depending upon your Dental corrections.
Conditions in which your maligned teeth can be corrected without braces include:
1. Malocclusion (improper bite): If you have to correct the malocclusion then you have to go for specific appliances that are used to straighten teeth by correcting jaw imperfections.
2. Overcrowding / crooked teeth: If you have limited crowding or slightly crooked teeth due to overcrowding, then you can go for clear aligner or Invisalign or retainers.
3. Underdeveloped palate or narrow upper jaw: A narrow palatal arch can be fixed with a palatal expander which helps to widen the upper arch and shift the teeth into the correct position by creating the required space in the teeth.
Your Dentist will help you to find out the right treatment plan for you.
What are the Treatment Options other than Braces?
Depending on your dental condition, there are many options other than braces. Even though braces have shown very effective results.
1. Retainers: If you are having slightly crooked teeth or limited overcrowding. You may be able to fix it with a retainer.
Fixed Retainers: Such as bonded lingual retainers are attached to the inner surface of the teeth with dental cement which helps them to prevent from shifting over time, but you can't remove it yourself.
Hawley Retainer: This is the customised removable retainer made up of acrylic and metal wires. You can easily remove it yourself and clean it.
2. Appliances: In order to collect your malocclusion like overbite or overbite, then you can go for specific appliances that are used to straighten teeth by correcting jaw imperfections.
Herbst appliance: This allows the lower jaw to develop in a forward direction which helps to correct the bite, which allows the upper and lower jaw to meet. This appliance has a metal extension that attaches to the back molars to connect the upper and lower jaws. this appliance slowly shifts the lower jaw into the correct position.
Headgear: is an appliance that is used to align teeth without braces. In the case of excessive overbite and upper protruding teeth in children. The appliance applies pressure against the upper teeth and jaw, which helps both the upper jaw and teeth to move into position simultaneously.
3. Expander: With the help of expander you can correct the underdeveloped palate or a narrow upper jaw. A narrow palatal arch can be fixed with a palatal expander which helps to widen the upper arch and shift the teeth into the correct position by creating the space in your teeth.
4. Invisalign: Invisalign is one of the excellent ways to straighten your teeth without braces. Invisalign and other clear aligners are custom-made, very clear and thin transparent plastic plates that fit over the teeth. Clear aligners and Invisalign slowly reposition your teeth. You have to wear these aligners for 20-22 hrs daily, every 2 weeks you have to switch to a new set of clear aligner which slowly helps to reposition your teeth.
This Invisalign is designed to move the teeth gradually into their desired position over the planned treatment course. Invisalign is suitable for those people who want to correct minor orthodontic problems, such as slightly crooked or protruding teeth or small gaps, etc. As your teeth start moving slowly and gently into its place, you will start seeing the Invisalign treatment result within a few months! Treatment can last from 6 – 24 months, depending upon the severity of the condition. Followed by retainer to maintain your brand new, beautiful smile.
Can teeth be straightened at any age?
There is no limitation of age for getting braces, which means you can align your teeth at any age. More fast results have seen in youngsters and kids as compared to adults due to many reasons like fillings, missing teeth or other dental issues. But you will be able to see the results of all ages sometimes slow and sometimes fast.
We are having different ways to align your teeth without braces, but after your complete dental examination, your dentist will help you to find out the right treatment plan which helps you to align your teeth without any discomfort & pain, and make sure to maintain your oral hygiene clean & healthy during your treatment plan.