Reduce Weight by managing your diet and exercise. If you are over weight then it doesn't mean that you have a disease and you need to go on a medication. Eating fat burners and pills for weight loss will not be the ultimate step in reducing weight but you would gain it back in sometime. We spoke about liposuction and how one gains back the weight after an year at different places.
You have gained weight over a period of time by eating simply more than your body requirement. Suppose your daily caloric requirement is 1500 and you are eating 2000-2500 calories per day, then your body will save the rest 500-1000 calories as fat which adds on by time and becomes a problem.
Here are tips to reduce weight:
- Get a BCA Done: Take an appointment and get a Body Composition Analysis (BCA) done. BCA helps you know how much muscles and fat do you have in your body and at different areas like legs, arms, torso etc. It tells you what your ideal weight should be according to your height. Lastly it tells you what your daily calorie requirement is and how you can achieve your fitness
- Increase your metabolic rate: Once you know your caloric requirement start with a healthy weight loss plan to help you monitor your food intake. If you can manage your diet then eat food that increase your metabolic rate. Metabolic rate is the rate at which your body burns calories. Increasing your metabolic rate will help you loose the extra calories by burning more calories even while you are resting
- Eat Breakfast: Eating breakfast has many advantages. Nutrition you get from breakfast is not replaceable by any other meal during the day. Imagine this, the last meal you had was for dinner about 8-9 hours ago. By skipping breakfast the body goes into a mode of starvation and thinks that there is an emergency and starts storing fat to protect body. Breakfast infact helps you keep fuller for a longer time making you not crave for food and save some calorie intake. Thirdly a study suggests that people who eat breakfast consume lesser calories than those who skip it
- Drink Water: Drinking cold water increase your metabolism as it drops the body temperature and the body burns a few extra calories to regain it. Pre loading with water 30-40 minutes before a meal would help you eat less and thus consume lesser calories. Don't have water straightway after the meal as it washes away the digestive enzyme and hence slows down the metabolism. Drinking water will keep you hydrated and keep the body healthy
- Sugar: Temptation for sweet is irresistible at time but the repercussions are high. Eating too much sugar is unhealthy and leads to excess fat storage and increase of insulin. Sweets make the blood sugar levels go up which can have long term effects and can lead to diabetes and other lifestyle related problems
- Dump Junk: Pizza and burgers and junk like chips, fried food, oily food and empty calories provide no nutrition to the body and just huge number of calories. Junk food just get stored in the body and gets very difficult to burn as the calorie intake it much higher than our metabolic rate. All the extra calories would be stored as fat
- Exercises: This part of weight loss is not liked by most people as it involves action and breaking some sweat. Besides the fact exercises will burn the extra calories it is also a great mood booster as it helps release "happy hormone" in the body. Gaining muscles also naturally increase the metabolic rate helping you burn more calories even while you are not exercising.
To reach your target fitness level you will have to be careful to monitor your diet consistently and burn the extra calories to come to your ideal weight and fitness level.