As the summer season has begun, the temperature is increasing day by day leading to increased incidence of sun stroke, sun burn and other conditions.. In cases of severe sunstroke death can also occur..
Symptoms of sun stroke:
2) Increase in body temperature
5) Sun burns
6) Skin rashes and Itching
Tips to escape Sun stroke:
1) Avoid going in the sun after 11 in the morning because the temperature starts gradually rising around this time.
2) Cover your head with a cap or a hat.
3) Drink plenty of fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Addition of glucose to the fluids increases the retainment of energy.
4) Avoid cut fruits on the road side stalls like cut pieces of watermelon, pineapple and mango which are seen very commonly during the summer season as the vendors don't follow adequate hygiene and there is increased chances of gastroenteritis on consumption of these cut fruits. Instead I personally suggest to have fresh fruits which are washed properly at home.
5) Drinking coconut water very frequently helps in regaining the lost salts in the form of sweat.
6) Application of sunscreen lotion helps in reducing the sun burns and tanning to a certain extent.
When to consult a doctor?
1) In case if the above mentioned symptoms are severe you need to consult a doctor for further evaluation and management.
2) Ur doctor will advice to start IV Fluids to ensure adequate hydration and also to lower the body temperature.
3) Symptomatic treatment would further be adviced.