The rising pollution level in Delhi isn’t something temporary and moreover, the problem wasn’t created in a day. It is years of carelessness not only on the government’s part but also the citizens. But it’s high time we start caring for our environment if we want a livable life for ourselves and our future generations.
It’s not only Delhi that’s suffering the consequences of pollution, so leaving it isn’t a feasible solution. What you can do is do your bit in reducing environmental pollution. Here’s how:
- Keep plants at home
- Use public transport/carpool for commute
- Turn off electronic appliances when not in use
- Use cloth bags instead of plastic bags
- Avoid heavily packaged items like packaged fruits and household items
- Avoid using one-time-use plastics like cutlery, bottles, pens, and straws
- Recycle and reuse plastic items as much as possible
- Dispose of dry and wet garbage separately
- Avoid using too much water in daily activities like cleaning, bathing, etc
- Avoid wastage of paper by encouraging digital bills.
- Minimize usage of Air conditioners
Small steps can bring big changes and minimize our carbon prints in the world. So take a pledge today and start working towards minimizing pollution.