Believe me, it's so easy to pile up the kilos during winter…courtesy comforting fried foods (primarily paranthas/परांठा), sugar laden tea or coffee and even the tempting gur-gachak (गुड़गचक) and mom’s pinnies (पिन्नी).
- It’s the perfect time to think about wise food choices and portion control.
- Winter binging may easily cost you a weight gain of three to five kilos.
- The main reasons for weight gain are less physical activity during winter and of course increased consumption of heavier foods.
Tips To Prevent Winter Weight Gain:
1. Get enough sun-shine
- A short pre or post lunch-time walk can provide sunlight which is good for your Vitamin D status.
2. Limit fatty foods
- Foods such as fried snacks, puddings, pinnies and chocolates can be limited to just once or twice a week.
3. Fill yourself up with fiber
- Fill your plate or tiffin with lots of filling vegetables
- Have soup before your dinner
- Add oats, barley and dals(दाल) to help keep you fuller for longer.
4. Don’t skip workouts
- Don’t skip the gym.
- Fix days for workouts and try to follow it as well.
5. Weigh yourself every day
- Get on the scale frequently to make you conscious if you are putting on weight.
- Maintain record of weight and inches as well.
6. Indulge in healthy drinking
- Have at least 2-3 cups of green tea or green coffee.
- Have light soups and broths.