November 14th is World Diabetes Day.
Here is a reminder to take care of your diabetes.
Take your diabetes seriously. It is part of your life, accept it and manage it. This will help proactively reduce the risk of further complications.
Make it your full-time commitment and not just a weekly or occasional task. Eat healthy and lose any extra weight, even 5 to 10 percent loss of overweight makes a huge difference. Make friends with fruits, vegetables, grains, and limited fat.
We are all meant to be active beings, not to sit on chairs and sofas all day long. Move it, just move it, and help control your blood sugar. Exercise for at least half an hour moderately, daily if you can.
Here are some further quick tips:
- Take care of your feet, keep them clean and dry.
- Get your eyes examined regularly, once or twice a year.
- Be watchful of your teeth and gums as well. Infections can become serious for diabetics.
- Quit smoking. If you drink, drink responsibly.
- Don't stress. Relax and breathe, get proper sleep.
- Get complete medical checkup yearly.
Be positive. Celebrate Life.
Let us do it together!