It's the WATERMELON season!
ARE YOU GUYS EATING IT?
IF NO, then you missing all health benefits of watermelon.
Watermelon is an extremely popular fruit. Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that's also good for you. It contains only 46 calories per cup but is high in Vitamin-C, Vitamin A plant compounds.
BENEFITS OF WATERMELON:
1. Two vitamins in watermelon-A and C are important for skin and hair health.
2. Some compounds in watermelon, including Cucurbitacin E and lycopene have been studied for their potential to prevent cancer.
3. Watermelon has several heart-healthy components, including lycopene, citrulline and other vitamins and minerals.
4. Watermelon juice has some potential as a recovery beverage after exercise. Citrulline may be partially responsible for its effect of easing muscle soreness.
5. Several nutrients in watermelon are good for your hair and skin some help keep skin supple while other protect against sunburn.
BENEFITS OF WATERMELON SEEDS:
1. Watermelon seeds contain lycopene which is good for your face and also helps in improving male fertility.
2. These seeds are loaded with nutrients including fatty acids, essential such as arginine and lysine which the body cannot produce on its own and these have to be provided from food sources.
3. These seeds are an excellent source of Multivitamins-B and replace some of the supplements.
4. Watermelon seeds are effective in recovering health after illness and sharpening your memory.
5. The healthy fats present in watermelon seeds, including omega 6 fatty acids (3) and PUFAS help in reducing the level of harmful cholesterol in your body.