Some love it, some hate it because of the smell that stays behind. However, it is advisable to eat a lot of onions, as they are very good for your health.Cooking the onions kill their medicinal properties. That is why red onions should be eaten raw and untreated. There are a lot of combinations, and if you're brave enough, you can eat it as a side dish almost every lunch. Today, we'll give you 7 reasons to add red onions to your diet.
- Stops cancer cell growthOnions are rich sulfur compounds that protect the body from stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. They are also effective in fighting off bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Controls diabetesRaw onions increase the production of insulin. If you are a diabetic, you have a good reason to regularly eat fresh raw onions.
- Cures constipationFibers found in raw onions can help you in the fight against constipation. They force out toxins and hard food particles from your intestines.
- Help for a sore throatMake onion juice. It's great for healing colds and sore throats.
- Nose bleedingIf you are tormented by nosebleeds, red onions can stop the bleeding. You can also smell onions for healing nose bleeds.
- It protects the heartOnions can help protect the heart from coronary disease. Onions can also control high blood pressure.
- Controls cholesterol levelsRaw onions control cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.