Fibre is a wonder boon as it has so many health benefits.
Fibre is a wonder boon as it has so many health benefits, but I am addressing a few of them.
It is an important component of a healthy diet; it is the indigestible part of plant foods that pushes through our digestive system, absorbing water along the way and easing bowel movements.
There are two types of fibres – Soluble & Insoluble.
Soluble fibre dissolves in water to form a gel-like substance. It is found in oats, citrus fruits, vegetables, barley, apple, bananas.
Insoluble Fibre binds with water to swell in size. These are found in the bran layer of grains, legumes, seeds and nuts.
Health Benefits of Fibre
- Fibre improves digestive health – prevents & relieves constipation.
- Fibre prevents weight gain.
- A healthy heart.
- Healthy skin.
- Fibre lowers your cholesterol.
- If you have diabetes, having the right amount of fibre will help you to enjoy a variety of foods as fibre manages blood sugar levels effectively.
- Fibre prevents all chronic diseases of the gut (Digestive Systems).
- It helps to keep our colon healthy.