Due to sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habit their is lack of good nutrition. Due to lack of nutrition their is some or the other nutrient deficiency in the body. The first thing which gets affected is our bones and energy. A lot of people complain of knee and back pain which is caused due to calcium and vitamin-D deficiency. One more reason of Vitamin-D deficiency is we don't expose ourself in sunlight, we keep on sitting in closed rooms.
Diet being not rich in protein and calcium we feel low on energy and face knee and back pain problems.
For a good bone health one should take balanced and nutritive meal." what we intake we get back.."
TIPS FOR GETTING GOOD BONE HEALTH:
- Include protein in your diet as it will keep you full and will also help in maintaining muscle mass. Protein rich diet will also help in converting fat into muscle. For example, chicken, eggs, daals, soybean, milk and milk products, etc. One can use chicken, eggs, soybean in salad form too which is a way more healthier option.
- Add calcium, vitamin-D rich food in your diet. Sit in sunlight so that you get enough of vitamin-D which will help in absorption of calcium and will also help in strengthening of your bones. Early morning sunlight is the best. calcium rich food will include milk and milk products, green leafy veggies, sesame seeds, etc
- Add low fat probiotic curds in your diet as they have good amount of calcium.
- Include seasonal fruits and veggies in your diet as they will increase nutrient content in your diet and they are also available on cheaper rates.
- Green leafy veggies are rich in vitamin-K and calcium. so include them in your diet so as to maintain the bone health.
- Include omega-3 rich foods in your diet which will reduce the risk of arthritis. For example, flax seeds, walnuts, olive oil, etc
- Include citrus fruits and veggies in your diet as they contain vitamin-C which will prevent from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Include herbs like turmeric and ginger as they have anti-inflammatory properties which will reduce your joint pain.
- A minimum 45 minute of daily physical activity is must as it will keep you active and joint movement will also be active. One can go for a walk, jog, gym, yoga or swimming, etc.
For a balanced and customized diet plan consult an experienced dietitian.
Enjoy journey to health..!!