Nature has given us a bountiful of gifts in form of fruits and vegetables. Each fruit has it's own benefits. Fruits should never be peeled,cooked or preserved. They are best taken in the raw form. They should not be taken in juice form as when they are juiced the fiber benefits are lost and when cooked they loose a large part of their energy providing sugar and carbs.
Here are some gems from the fruit basket:
- APPLE: Apples are rich in fiber and iron. They contain large amount of pectin which helps in curing all kinds of intestinal disturbances. Apples are known to be blood purifiers, body cleanser and bowel regulators apart form being invaluable in cosmetic uses.
- AMLA: It is richest natural source of vitamin-C which is assimilated easily by human system and is useful in curing hemorrhage, diarrhea and dysentery. It is also an effective laxative.
- BANANA: A popular and easy available fruit. It;s alkaline nature corrects the acid balance and helps in curing problems like constipation. They are rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus,iron,etc. Due to it's nutritive value it is known as an excellent body builder fruit and is recommended for sportsmen, athletes and those involved in hard manual labor. Banana is the only fruit that can be taken by patients of chronic ulcers.
- PAPAYA: It is a delicious fruit with invaluable medicinal properties. It is one of the most alkaline foods which help in maintaining the body's alkaline balance. It also contain vitamin A,B and C as well as traces of vitamin-D. It is rich in calcium, phosphorus, and iron. The digestive enzymes present in papaya helps in getting relieved from constipation, digestive disorders and kidney stones.
- ORANGES: Oranges are known for their protective effects against various diseases. They are rich in vitamin-B, C and calcium. They are also useful in maintaining the digestive organs, kidneys, blood vessels and nervous system. The high content of minerals like lime and magnesium, bone building elements make it very valuable for growth of children. The fiber in this fruit act as digestive tract cleaner.
- LEMON: Lemons are loaded with citric acid, alkaline minerals and vitamin-C. It improves the liver functions by increasing the flow of bile. It is also rich in calcium and the acid contained in it helps in curing digestive problems. The high percentage of citric acid makes lemon an invaluable medicine in many ailments. It also contains potash and vitamin-B.
- POMEGRANATE: They are rich in sugar and citric acid. They are also rich source of iron. This fruit is good during diarrhea.
- PINEAPPLE: It contains an active digestive enzyme known as bromalin. This fruit helps in digestion of animal and plant protein. Pineapple raises the alkaline content of blood and helps in getting rid of excess water in cases of edema. In bronchitis pineapple juice has been found to be an excellent medicine in softening the mucus.
- MANGOES: Mangoes provide wholesome nourishment to body because they are rich in sugar, vitamin-A,C. They are known to be good laxatives and diuretics.
- RASPBERRIES: These contain almost all essential elements required for the body. For example, potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc. They have a high vitamin-B and C content too.
Enjoy journey to health..!!