Fluids are required to keep the body’s cells working smoothly . Because we lose fluid through urine , stool and sweat , it needs to be replaced each day . An easy-to-remember rule of thumb is to drink 8 glasses of water a day . However , the amount of fluid you need depends on your body size and how much water you lose. If you want more detailed information about how much fluid you should be consuming . Also bear in mind that other factors can play a role in how much fluid you need. For example, some medications require a high intake of fluids to protect the kidneys, while some medical conditions can be made worse by drinking too much water. Be sure to follow any directions given by your doctor about how much fluid to drink.
Drinking enough fluids
- Get more of your fluids as water and less as sweet beverages (e.g. juice, drink crystals, soft drinks) and coffee.
- If you don’t like the taste of water, add one or two slices of fresh lemon or lime to a pitcher of water and store it in the fridge.
- If you’re not used to drinking much water, fill a bottle or jug with the required amount each day and do your best to drink all of it.
- Drink small amounts often throughout the day. Fluids come in the form of water, juices, milk, soups, herbal teas and, according to some experts, even coffee and tea.
- Alcohol does not count in fluid intake because it removes water from your body.
- Keep water at your bedside for drinking during the night. Your state of health can affect how much fluid you should drink. Check with your doctor.
#yourdrinks #yourbody #lemonade #juice #protectkidneys #metabolism#chiropractic #vishwasvirmani