In life, everyone gets victimized by acne, especially those in the age group of 16-25 years. Hormonal changes within our body are the greatest reason for acne formation .high stress life also promotes acne production. However, acne is just not always caused by stress.Our eating habits also have a role to play. Putting topical packs or ointment to control acne won’t solve the problem. What we eat and our digestive system directly affects the skin.
Here are some foods that help in controlling Acne:
- GARLIC - Garlic is a super food that is one of the richest sources of antioxidants that help prevent and cure acne problem. It will show the best effect if eaten raw or you can add some to your salad.
- FISH - Omega -3 and omega -6 are two main essential fatty acids That help fight acne .these acids help reduce inflammation in our bodies that can trigger calls to Clog pores and potentially cause acne. Eating fish is also good for fighting blemishes. Fish like mackerel salmon anchovies and sardines are the most potent choices for blemish-free skin.
- ALOE VERA - Aloe Vera is known for its healing properties and is the best antioxidant available. One can drink Aloe Vera juice every morning to have acne- free and clear skin. Aloe Vera can also be applied as a face mask.
- GREEN VEGETABLES - These are packed with inflammation-fighting nutrients and loads of antioxidants, most green leafy veggies contain plenty of fiber, which helps slow the rise of blood sugar after eating. Vegetables like spinach, cucumber, capsicum, have a good amount of vitamin A and C, which helps in reducing acne.
- GREEN TEA -Among its numerous health benefits, green tea also helps keep pimples from popping up . It's full of the antioxidant catechin EGCG, an effective anti-inflammatory, it also has polyphenols which fight acne breakouts and contain natural antioxidants. But don't go for bottled green tea drinks, which often contain added sugar and calories.
WHAT TO AVOID
- Aerated drinks and greasy, fried food should be avoided.
- Food with high glycemic content also leads to an increase in acne, like chocolates, melons and mangoes.
- Try to avoid processed and junk food.
- Avoid food which increases inflammation such as sodas, sugar, and white bread. This can also help you to prevent breakouts.
- Although it is said that fish is really good for your skin, sushi or shellfish can aggravate your skin problems.