Piles or haemorrhoids is a condition in which the veins in the anus and rectum swell up. This results in symptoms like pain, itching, and rectal bleeding and can cause mild or severe discomfort. Piles is of two types- external piles and internal piles. Generally, pile and its indicators go away in a few weeks on their own. But if it doesn’t, there are natural remedies to shrink it down and prevent haemorrhoids to occur again.
Take a look at the best remedies for piles:
1. Castor oil’s rich antioxidants, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it one of the best remedy for piles. Application of this herbal product helps reduce the pain and the size of haemorrhoids.
2. Warm baths can also prove to be very beneficial in treating piles. Dipping the body in a bathtub with warm water can ease the pain and irritation caused by piles. Adding epsom salts or apple cider vinegar in the bath helps reduce the haemorrhoids symptoms even further.
3. The moisturizing property of coconut oil effectively helps in curing piles symptoms. The urge to scratch is reduced as applying coconut oil in the affected area aids to less irritation.
4. A cold compress or ice packs can help soothe the large, painful piles effectively. When a cold compress is applied to the affected area, it helps reduce the swelling and inflammation.Just be careful that you don’t apply ice directly on to the skin. Wrap it in tissues or a soft cloth for proper use.
5. Drinking plenty of liquids & having fibre-rich food helps the stool to soften. Soft stools mean easy passage with less pain in the anus. It also helps you save energy and prevent irritation caused due to piles.
6. The anti-inflammatory properties in Aloe Vera help to heal wounds faster. Not just that, it relives a person from the blistering, itching, and swelling caused by haemorrhoids when applied to the anus.