Castor oil can grow long hair, eyelashes, eyebrows if used in the correct way. It also helps to relieve constipation and is also helpful for the skin.
USES AND BENEFITS OF CASTOR OIL
- A NATURAL MOISTURIZER: Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid. It can be used to moisturize the skin. Castor oil is often used in cosmetics to promote hydration and often added in products like lotion, makeup, and cleansers. You can also use this rich oil on its own as the natural alternative to store-bought moisturizers and lotions. Castor oil isn't expensive and can be used on the face and body. Castor oil is thick, so its frequently mixed with other skin friendly oils like almond, olive, and coconut oil to make an ultra-hydrating moisturizer applying it on the skin. It prevents .wrinkles, fights acne, reduces puffiness, moisturizes skin, helps in soothing sunburn, and fights dry lips etc.
- KEEPS YOUR HAIR AND SCALP HEALTHY: Many people use castor oil as a natural hair conditioner. Dry or damaged hair can especially benefit from an intense moisturizer like castor oil. Applying fats like castor oil to the hair on a regular basis helps lubricate the hair shaft, increasing flexibility and decreasing the chance of breakage. Castor oil may benefit those who experience dandruff and common scalp condition characterized by dry, flaky skin on the head, though there are many different causes of dandruff, it has been linked to seborrhoeic dermatitis, an inflammatory skin condition that causes red, scaly patches on the scalp.
- RELIEVING CONSTIPATION: Castor oil is a popular way to relieve constipation. The various components in the natural constipation remedy act as a powerful laxative, stimulating both the small and large intestines and purging the colon walls, allowing an impacted faecal matter to move through the colon.
- GETTING RID OF STRETCH MARKS:-Stretch marks are often caused by pregnancy and rapid weight gain, but can also be a result of ageing, hormonal imbalance, sudden weight loss, and swelling. Castor oil is known as one of the best treatments for a variety of skin conditions. Its rich contents and various fatty acids make it an excellent moisturizer and effective treatment for getting rid of unsightly stretch marks.
- HEAL DRY, CRACK HEELS: Castor oil’s miraculous ability to hydrate the skin makes it a perfect remedy for treating cracked heels. It is rich in vitamins, and essential nutrients help to hydrate dry, cracked skin. Simply rub castor oil on your feet, put on a pair of socks, and leave on overnight. You’ll notice a dramatic difference.
- SOFTEN CUTICLES:-Castor oil has a high concentration of vitamin E, which works wonders for brittle, dry nails. Massaging it into your nails and cuticles every evening will result in soft cuticles and healthy looking nails.
Castor oil is a natural remedy and has been deemed safe to use in limited amounts. However, you may still experience some mild to moderate symptoms if you take too much of it or consume it for an extended period. Before applying a significant amount of castor oil to your skin or ingesting it, determine if you are allergic to it by conducting a patch test. Place a small amount of castor oil on your forearm and let it sit for 24 hours. If you have any reaction, even if it is slight redness or itching, avoid using castor oil for any reason.