“Everything we do affects our hormones which in turn affect everything we do”
Hormones is a chemical substances produced by glands in endocrine system and released intobloodstream. Your hormones are important for regulating many different processes in the body including appetite and metabolism, sleep cycles,reproductive cycles and sexual function, body temperature and mood.
Hormonal imbalance occurswhen there is lack or excess of hormones released in bloodstream. Hormones areimportant for regulating many different processes in the body, no surprise thenthat even the slightest imbalance may have a noticeable effect on your overall health and wellbeing. Some factors, including aging, are beyond a person’scontrol. However, manageable elements such as stress and the diet can also influence hormone levels. For some people, making simple lifestyle changes canhelp to restore levels of hormones.
- Extreme stress
- Diabetes (Type1 andType 2)
- Overweight & Underweight
- endocrine gland injury
- severe allergicreactions or infections
- Chemotherapy & radiation therapy
- reduced sex drive
- erectile dysfunction (ED)
- lowsperm count
- reduced muscle mass
- reduced body hair growth
- overdevelopmentof breast tissue
- heavy, irregular, or painful periods
- osteoporosis (weak, brittle bones)
- vaginal dryness & breast tenderness
- indigestion, constipation and diarrhoea
- uterine bleeding not associated with menstruation
- increased hair growth on the face, neck, chest, or back
- weight gain & hair loss
Strategies to balance hormone level:
- Getenough sleep.
- Avoid too much of light at night.
- Eatlots of fibre
- Eat healthy fats
- Avoid Sugars
- Exercise Regularly
- Meditate to manage stress
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid alcohol intake & Quit smoking
Nearly everyone experiences natural periods of hormonal imbalance or fluctuations at particular points in their life. Its normal to have hormone fluctuations due to natural causes but it’s important to balance that fluctuations in a natural and healthy way by simply adopting a healthier lifestyle.
Ifyou are experiencing any other symptoms apart from natural causes do consult your physician so they can come up with the best treatment plan to address the situation.