It is already winters in many parts of India, winter has arrived not just because calender is showing, but because one of my favourite thing on earth happens around this time of year.
The aromatic and a medicinal herb "Green Garlic" comes into season Green Garlic or Green Chives are very young tender versions of the garlic we all know and love and Relish.
It has a softer flavour profile than matured bulb. Adding freshly chopped green garlic to the ordinary dishes can make the dish extraordinary.
I add in my soups, idlis, Chapattis, Chillas, Raita and Shorbas to get its divine flavour. Even I add this on my Pizza which my kids love to have. The other is my signature green garlic chutney- which is favourite all around my family and kids (will share recipe at the end of my writing).
To add on to the glory of this herb, it adds to the immunity, keeps a check on Cholesterol, increases the blood count and serves as anti inflammatory herb. The most interesting reason (most of us are looking for) to add in your diet is keeps your waistline slim.
HERE IS THE RECIPE OF GREEN GARLIC CHUTNEY:
- 1 1/4 cups chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2- deseeded amla
- 1 1/2 tbsp roasted chana dal (daria)
- 4-5 small green chillies , roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped green garlic (lehsun)
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container and use as required.