We tend to resort to various weight loss methods to see quick results! Some of these methods may have a negative effect on your health.
Weight Loss Methods You Must Avoid
1. Zero fat Diet - The body needs healthy fats like unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats to burn fat. You may also tend to cut down on calories by consuming artificial sweeteners and diet drinks which can be hazardous to your health.
2. Drugs and Pills – We are tempted to try these for easy weight loss. However, they can sometimes severely damage your health. Supplements should be taken along with a balanced diet and exercise only
3. Skipping Meals – Starving your way to weight loss is extremely unhealthy. It can slower your metabolism, cause unhealthy cravings and even make you sick.
4. Purging - This is where people satisfy their hunger cravings by consuming food and lose calories by throwing it up by methods like self-induced vomiting. This can have serious psychological effects on the person and can lead to bulimia.
5. Use of Laxatives - This is commonly used to stimulate digestion. Excessive use can weaken the digestive system and cause abdomen related disorders.
6. Smoking – Some people use smoking to suppress hunger. Smoking is known to interrupt brain signals, killing hunger. This is why most smokers don’t feel the effect after skipping meals. Long term use can damage the body and make it more susceptible to cancers.
7. Exercising too much – Excessive amount of exercise can lead to injuries. Extensive cardio is not going to help. Instead, include running, weight training and pilates, yoga in your schedule. The trick is to balance exercise and a balanced diet to lose weight the healthy way.
8. Fad diets – Fad diets are for short term results. Instead, consume a balanced diet.
Adopt a healthy weight loss program which balances your body and mind along with weight loss and envious curves.