Nuts are rich in fat and at the same time they are also rich in vitamins, minerals, fats, protein, fiber. when we talk about munching nuts we think we are eating healthy. No doubt, they are healthy but at the same time portion size need to be controlled.
Let's discuss about few nuts:
- ALMONDS: Almonds are rich in fiber,vitamin-E, magnesium, fat. They help in reducing Heart related problems. They are also a good snacking option while on weight loss program. The main key to look upon is portion size if we increase the portion then it can reverse the effect it will lead to weight gain. 6-7 almonds are advised to take as a snack in a day.
- WALNUT: Walnuts are excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid,fiber. They help in reducing the cholesterol levels. They also help in making your skin glow.
- CASHEWS: Cashews are rich in carbohydrates but at the same time they are also good in improving metabolic syndrome but enough of cashews will lea to weight gain.
- PEANUTS: Peanuts are rich in fiber, anti-oxidants,fat, vitamin-E, dietary protein. They helps in reducing heart related problems as it contains both mono and poly unsaturated fats. Excessive peanuts intake may lead to gas, heartburn, weight gain too. One should avoid salted peanuts as they disturb the nutritional value and increases the calorie.
- RAISINS: Eating raisins in correct portion won't cause weight gain. As they are rich in sugar so it is advised to take in correct portion s it can lead to weight gain and increase blood glucose level of sugar patients too. Mostly it is used aa a sugar replacement in sweet dish. For example, raisins can be added in kheer, custards, vermicelli, shakes, etc as a sugar replacement.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Firs of all, portion size needs to be taken care off.
- Don't eat in a one go.
- Avoid sweet/flavored/salted nuts as they are high in calorific value and leads to weight gain and other problems.
- Have small portion of nuts and you can add them in your oatmeal, yogurt and also in your soups.
Enjoy journey to health..!!