Allergies caused by hypersensitivity of the immune system to typically harmless substances in the environment. Your body’s immune system produces histamine to combat the allergen. These diseases include hay fever, food allergies, atopic dermatitis, allergic asthma, Urticarial Rashes and anaphylaxis
About 20% of people are affected by allergic rhinitis.
- Food--90% of allergic responses to foods are caused by cow's milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
- Toxin interacts with proteins.
- Insect bite.
- Environmental factors --- industrialized countries, microorganisms, some common parasites, such as intestinal worms (e.g., hookworms), secrete chemicals into the gut wall (and, hence, the bloodstream) that suppress the immune system and prevent the body from attacking the parasite.
Sign and Symptoms -
- Hay fever, running nose, itching in nose, Sneezing, some time breathing problem
- Redness of the eye, watering eye, or itching in eye
- Skin - Atopic dermatitis, Urticaria, Itching with a red rash.
- Bloating of abdomen, Diarrhea, vomiting
- Anaphylaxis- Severe reaction - swelling of the throat and mouth, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, confusion, blue skin or lips, collapsing and losing consciousness
Prevention and Management-
- Use hepa filter
- Wash and clean home and clothes, and hands and the nose also
- Wear a mask or cover mouth in a dusty area
- Eat healthy food
- Drink more warm water or non-alcoholic liquid
- Avoid toxic spray, strong perfumes and incense stick
- Steam inhalation
- Acupressure some time may help
- Know your trigger and avoid it
- Yoga- Exercises for Allergic Rhinitis Pavanamuktasana, Sethu Bandhasana, Vrikshasana Virabhadrasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Salamba Sarvangasana
- Food to be eaten- Onions, peppers, berries, vitamin C rich food. Pineapple has an enzyme called bromelain. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
- Homeopathic Medicine works wonderful on allergic diseases - Ars Alb, Apis Mel, ANtim Crud, Rhus Tox, Sabadilla, Sulphur, Phosphorus, Carcinocine, Lachesis, Natrum Mur, etc.