Types of Protein Supplements
- Weight Gainers: These are calorie dense with high carbohydrate and protein powders. It is a good choice for athletes and bodybuilders who need enough calories for their heavy exercise. These are expensive and contain many additives and artificial sweeteners.
- Meal Replacement Powders: When there is a scarcity of time to prepare full breakfast then we can opt for the quick meal replacement breakfast to start our work or it can be taken also with meals if we want to gain weight. These are nutrient dense and are good for persons who are not able to take frequent snacks.
- Protein Powders: These are mainly composed of proteins with less carbohydrate and calories. It helps to develop only lean body mass. It has delicious flavors.
- Protein Bars: If there is no sufficient time for drink preparation or inconvenient in carrying the drink then these protein bars are helpful. These are easy to carry and provide enough calories and protein in a small time.
- Ready to drink Protein Shakes: These are blended protein powders with few essential fatty acids and are newest protein supplement. These are ready to eat shakes are helpful for the ones who have busy schedules.
- Beef Liver Tablets: These are fat and cholesterol-free and a good source of Vit-A,C & D along with other micronutrients as well as antioxidants like selenium, phosphorus, copper, zinc and GTF chromium which helps in controlling insulin levels.
There are varieties of protein supplements and choosing the supplements depends on our requirement like if we want to gain weight then we go for weight gainers and if we need a full meal which consists of nutrients then we opt for meal replacement powder or any other powder according to our requirement.
However, these are not a better substitute to natural foods for leading a healthy life and a best diet plan. Still, these are recommended for whom who are unable to take enough calories and protein with diet and also for whom who requires extra calorie and protein for intense exercise, malnourished or hospitalized patients.