Just like "Face is an index of your mind", "Your Health is a reflection of your Gut". One look at your tongue and the problem of your digestive system and most of your health issues can be diagnosed immediately by experienced doctors. Most people believe and swear by the fact that all your health issues stem from stomach issues. It cannot be completely overlooked.though.
Here are 9 ways to keep your stomach happy and yourself healthy:
1. Drink a glass of hot or warm water on waking and sleeping. If possible throughout the day too.
2. Drink a sip of water before and maybe during a meal but not immediately after a meal. Wait for at least half an hour after eating anything before you drink water.
3. Have prebiotics like Bananas, Ginger, Garlic, Tomatoes, Kiwi, Asparagus, Chia seeds, Whole grains, Oats, Mangoes, Berries, Beans, Leeks, Cabbage, etc
4. Have probiotics like Buttermilk, Yogurt, Fermented food like Idlis, Dosas, Dhoklas, Milk, etc.
5. Do not keep gaps of more than 3-4 hours between any meal, eat little quantity, and frequently to avoid acidity and maintain energy levels. Do not overeat or skip any meal.
"Eat to live not live to eat."
Few people follow Atkins, Keto diet or intermittent fasting. Please listen to your body and follow what suits you.
Homeopathy detox medicines and treatment help to cleanse your system, improve digestive functions, and overcome food intolerance.
6. Do not sit down or sleep after eating. Ensure you walk for at least 15 mins after eating and then sit down. Do not sleep until an hour after eating.
7. Do not eat anything that is acidic, oily, spicy on empty stomach. Do not anything that causes you any Intolerance, Allergies, Bloating, Constipation, Piles, Mouth ulcers, Restrosternal burning, IBS, in short, any kind of discomfort.
8. Avoid Stress, Sleep well, Walk, and exercise regularly. Few yoga asanas like Pawanamuktasana, Pashimotasana, Bhujangasana, Halasana, and few stretching exercises, planks can be done to tone the stomach and remove excess gas trapped in the body.
9. Last but not the least, avoid tobacco chewing, smoking, alcohol, drugs, abuse of medications. There's more to live for and enjoy in life than risking health, ask that to a health-conscious person or Foodie!!!