Due to poor dietary habits you feel with bloated stomach, nausea, constipation, etc. By changing your dietary habits one can get relief from such symptoms.
Here are 8 tips for a healthy stomach:
- HIGH FIBER DIET: Increase fiber in the diet by adding green veggies and seasonal fruits in your daily diet. Include fiber of both the kinds that is soluble and insoluble as it will help retain the water in the gut resulting in softer stools. Include Cereals like daliya, oats, multi grain flour, etc in your diet.
- AVOID FRIED FOODS: Keeping diet low in fat will not only keep your waist line in check but also keep your tummy healthy. Frying the food changes oil composition of the food which is harmful for stomach. So better go for grilled, baked, sauteed and steamed varieties of food.
- LEAN MEATS: Chicken and fish are easily digested as compared to mutton due to low fat content in them. Try chicken and fish varieties in the form of salads for daily requirement of proteins, vitamins and minerals.
- PRO-BIOTICS AND FERMENTED FOODS: Our digestive system has presence of good bacteria. They not only help in digestion and better nutrient absorption but also strengthen immunity.
- REGULAR INTERVALS: For a healthy gut one should always eat on time and at regular intervals. The absorption of nutrients is higher. Also these helps in keeping the weight in check and also helps in increasing your metabolism.
- WATER: It keeps you hydrated, helps in flushing out the toxins from body and ensures that one is not constipated. make sure that it is cleaned and filtered properly otherwise contaminated water can harm the gut.
- PROCESSED AND JUNK FOOD: Due to urbanization and food technology advancement, our food is highly processed . Avoid refined and junk food as it contains maida and maida will cause constipation and other digestive issues. Refined and processed food also contains other food adulterates which are not good for body.
- CHEW THOROUGHLY: Every bite you eat should be chewed properly. Enjoy the taste of the food without any distraction and stress .Small portion sizes help in aiding digestion process. Rather than eating large meals at one go. Smaller meals keeps the gut healthy.
- Avoid excess of alcohol, tea, coffee and packaged drinks as they interfere with the absorption of nutrients.
- Avoid distractions while eating.
Enjoy your journey to good health!!