Metabolism is a process through which your body converts the food you eat into energy. Even when you are at rest, your body needs energy for activities, such as breathing, cell repair, and blood circulation. Therefore, maintaining a healthy rate of metabolism is essential for your overall health.
Here are 7 easy ways to increase your metabolism:
1. Consume food items that are similar to or above your internal body temperature. Consume foods or liquids that are relative to the temperature of your body to improve your metabolism.
2. Maintain an effective balance of fibres and nutrition in your diet. It is important to include fibre and nutritional elements like protein, vitamins, and minerals, in the right amounts in your diet.
Eat fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and probiotics daily, to maintain a healthy metabolism.
3. Reboot your gut with a blend of herbs. Besides numerous other health benefits, herbs are also known to be good for your metabolism and overall gut health.
Include herbs such as turmeric, ginger, fenugreek, etc., in your diet can help to boost your metabolism and improve your digestive health.
4. Maintain your circadian rhythm: The circadian rhythm i.e. the daily biological clock of balance, plays an important role in the maintenance of an active metabolism. Therefore, it is important to maintain a regular routine of sleep, waking up and eating habits.
5. Drink sufficient water. It is important to stay hydrated to carry out all regular and metabolic activities. You must drink a minimum of 8-10 glasses of water every day.
6. Do regular physical workout and exercise. Regular physical workout and cardiovascular exercises (running, swimming, aerobics, and walking) stimulate your metabolism, helps you burn calories, and can even temporarily suppress your appetite post-workout. It also helps your body in maintaining agility and flexibility.
7. Eat home-cooked meals. Avoid outside food as it is unhealthy due to a certain imbalance of spices and oils which are added when preparing the food. Eat freshly made, home-cooked meals as often as possible to help your gut stay healthy.
You can increase your metabolism by making healthy changes to your diet and lifestyle.
It is advisable to speak to a doctor before adjusting your diet or making changes to an exercise routine for boosting your metabolism.
Disclaimer: This article is written by the Practitioner for informational and educational purposes only. The content presented on this page should not be considered as a substitute for medical expertise. Please "DO NOT SELF-MEDICATE" and seek professional help regarding any health conditions or concerns. Practo will not be responsible for any act or omission arising from the interpretation of the content present on this page.