1. PRE CONCEPTIONAL CONSULTATION - Planned pregnancy always has a better outcome than unplanned pregnancy. So have a pre conceptional consultation with your gynecologist at least 3 months before planning pregnancy.
2. TESTS - Get your haemoglobin, blood sugar, TSH, urine checked & treat it if any abnormality
3. MEDICATIONS - Start folic acid & vitamin B12 supplements at least 90 days before planning pregnancy.
4. Once pregnancy is confirmed consult your doctor as early as possible.
5. Get a complete plan of care for 9 months from your doctor so that you can plan tests & visits as per your convenience.
6. Every test done in pregnancy has its own significance so understand the aim of individual test & take decision rather than asking questions like " doctor is it really necessary to do these tests?"