Monsoon has arrived and as much as it is a matter to rejoice, it is a matter of concern with regards to our health. The rains has bought in some relief from the heat waves and washed out the dust from the environment but can bring in many diseases if not cared for properly.
So, here are 5 things to keep in mind to stay healthy during the monsoon season:
- Don’t eat roadside or outside food - Yes, you should avoid that in other seasons as well but rainy season brings in more bacteria in those food items than your immune system can possibly handle.
- Wash your fruits and vegetables well before eating - Peel and cut them to check if they are infected by any kind of insects rather than chewing them whole. Leafy vegetables should be specially inspected well before cooking.
- Don’t bathe in the rain - as the environment of Delhi is full of pollutant particles which can be washed down by rains and might infect you. If you get wet, change your clothes immediately, dry your hair, and have a bowl of warm soup.
- Avoid sour foods that promote water retention - It includes chutneys and pickles. It doesn’t include citrus fruits; citrus fruits are good for your immunity and should be had in good quantity during monsoons.
- Drink plenty of water and make - Drinking enough water during monsoons is a challenge for many. Make sure to drink atleast 10 glasses of water daily that is well filtered.
If you fall ill during monsoons, you shouldn’t let it worsen. Visit your nearest hospital and get a mandatory check-up done.