Low back pain can be caused by varied reasons. It can triggered by sudden pull or sprain to lower back muscles, injury to back, arthritis of joints of back bone, infections and rarely tumors. Majority of back pain is caused by mechanical imbalance between muscles and bones. Most of the complaints resolve with rest and exercises. When you are suffering from acute back pain follow these simple steps to avoid progression and aggression of pain.
1. Rest for couple of days – avoid strenuous activities
2. Brace the back – use of lumbo sacral corset or Back belt
3. Avoid jerky movements – sudden twisting, bending or lifting weights
4. Avoid driving – two wheeler, long drives
5. Simple analgesics and muscle relaxants as prescribed by your doctor