Stammering can be a troubling problem as you try to communicate with people and may lead to uncomfortable and awkward pauses that may not be intended. To optimize the problem, we are here with 5 daily life activities that are easier than they sound. Read on:
- Use Straw To Drink Liquids: We recommend you use straws while drinking any liquids helps your tongue remain flexible and thus, contribute to churning out words from your mouth faster than your previous experiences. Use a reusable straw made out of steel or bamboo to help the environment as well as your stammer.
- Stress on Vowel Pronunciation: Stressing on vowels can help you with getting the pronunciations spot-on as the majority of the words is based on the vowels only. The more you stress on vowels, the better the fluency and clarity get for your speech.
- Pause and Practice: Get comfortable with pauses and calculate the same for your speech to improve your fluency. Approach the words with a calculated pause and practice your speech prior to any event to improve upon the pause timings.
- Join Speech Therapy and Replicate At Home: Speech therapy, contrary to popular beliefs, is a wonderful way to work on your stammer. Replicating the same at your own pace at home can help you gain your speech momentum faster.
- Jaw Supporting Exercises: A lot of exercises including face yoga and jaw supporting exercise improve jaw flexibility and brain-tongue coordination. Training under a face yoga specialist can definitely help you improve on your stammering problem.