Festive season is here and you're surrounded with your favourite sweets, savoury and other delicacies. We understand it is difficult to resist, but it is equally important to keep a check on what and how much you're eating. Festive binge eating can do more harm than we all realize.
If you want to make sure not put on weight during the festive season, feel energetic & not lethargic and keep your face glowing post festivities, here are some dietary tips you need to keep in mind:
12 weight management tips to follow during festivals
- Eat after every 3 hours. Small meals at regular intervals keep metabolism intact.
- Say 'NO' to papads & chips. Don't buy them (out of sight is out of mind)! Instead have more of curd, yogurt, smoothies and fruits, etc as they will keep you energetic.
- Make boiled Aloo Chaat or Sweet Potatoes chat with Mint Chutney, Curd, Rock salt, Pepper & Lemon.
- Replace kheer with mixed fruit custard.
- Instead of making Pakoras, Make Roti with Kuttu + Samak flour mix (1:1 ratio) or Singhara Atta.
- You can also make Samak Rice Idli and Dosa.
- Drink milk twice a day but instead of whole milk, replace it with skimmed milk. If you are making kheer then use skimmed milk only & keep sugar quantities low.
- Drink 1 coconut water a day or lemonade, whenever you feel like. If you are herbal tea fan then go ahead with that as well.
- Instead of making Potatoes Bhajis all the time, make pumpkin, ghia/ lauki (bottle gourd), tomatoes puree with little potato in it.
- Don't forget to eat salad (tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber) with main meals. They will help you to beat constipation.
- Make curd your best friend. It will help to keep your gut strong and improve digestion. Gorge on Curd & Buttermilk. Always add bhuna jeera (roasted cumin powder) to curd.
- Lastly, don't skip your morning or evening 30 mins walking routine.
Enjoy the food and your festivities, but make sure you eat everything in moderate amounts only.