Water is considered as the nutrient of life. The human body relies on adequate internal water supply to function and maintain daily processes. Water contributes to approximately 60% of the body's weight and is found in the skin, muscles, organs and bones.
Because of the water loses through breathing, sweating and digestion, it is important to re-hydrate the body by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
Water is known to be the best and the most natural hydrating liquid. It promotes cardiovascular health, keeps muscles and joints working and helps to cleanse toxins from your body. Also helps to balance your blood sugar, helps relieve headaches and promote healthy skin.
Adequate intake of water is important to prevent dehydration. Normal water requirement for a normal adult is 2 Liters/day. But how much you need varies depending on how active you are and what type of climate you live in. If you are outside on hot day, or doing something that makes you sweat a lot, you need to drink more fluids to stay hydrated. The same is true if you have any illnesses, diarrhea, or fever.
It is also important to know how much water to drink in a day. Recommended is about 3-4 litres of water a day. Drinking too much water than your kidneys can throw your blood sodium levels out of balance-called water intoxication. In extreme cases, it can cause brain damage, comas, and even death.
Water is the life line of the universe. Everyone know the importance of hydration, but have you ever stopped and thought about the benefits of drinking water.
Benefits of drinking water
- For the effective functioning of the body
- Staves of dehydration
- Cleansing the body by removing toxins and waste products
- For the proper metabolism and utilization of all nutrients
- Lack of water may leads to health problems like constipation,asthma,allergy,hypertension etc.,
- Water is very important for adequate skin health
- A perfect replacement for anti-aging treatments
- Helps to increase brain power
- Acts as a natural lubricant to muscles and joints
- Regulates the body temperature through sweating
- Helps to prevent backaches as the discs supporting the vertebrae are made up of water
- Improves the heart health
Start your day off right by drinking a glass of water each morning before breakfast. This will jump start your mind and body. And carry a reusable water bottle with you throughout the day to ensure you remain hydrated.