Regardless of your age, race, or skin type, we all deserve to have gorgeous, glowing skin!
Tips for Glowing skin this Valentine’s Day:
1) Drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated and healthy. Also, can include some herbal tea, coconut water, buttermilk, etc.
2) Switch up Your Skin’s Diet. Eat more of fruits and vegetables, it adds essential nutrients and a healthy glow to your skin. Include omega-3 fats (olive oil, flax seeds, fish, walnuts, etc), Vitamin C (papaya, oranges, lime, kiwi, etc), lean protein (sprouts, nuts, skimmed milk, lean chicken, low fat yogurt, etc). Choose complex carbs over refined and load up on broccoli, berries, spinach, tomatoes, etc for antioxidants.
3) Exercise daily for 30-45 mins at least. Exercise can help you look younger and plays a major role in maintaining healthy looking skin. It promotes blood circulation and helps keep your skin radiant and vibrant by carrying oxygen and essential nutrients to the body's cells.
4) Get Enough Sleep. A lack of sleep not only calls for unruly skin, but it can reduce the skin’s ability to stay hydrated and supple. Also lack of sleep can cause dark circles.
5) Do not stress. It does affect your inner health and also to your skin, weight and hair. Try yoga. Stay happy. Laugh it out.
6) Follow your everyday routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing and to apply sunscreen to maintain optimum skin health.
7) Exfoliating is your gateway to a refreshed complexion. It removes dead skin cells and prevents imperfections while fighting the signs of aging. Exfoliating can be once or twice a week.
8) Remove your make-up nicely before going to bed.
9) Avoid all fried, processed, junk and sugary products.
10) Avoid drinking too much of coffee / tea.
11) Avoid aerated drinks, smoke and alcoholic beverages.