Women are the most delicate yet most powerful human beings on earth. A woman has to play various roles like a mother, a daughter, a wife or a friend. Being a woman while taking care of others, she hardly has time for herself. Maintaining a good level of physical fitness is something we should all aspire to do. A healthy body means eating well and exercising. Fitness means keeping your body active through a variety of activities. The term fitness means different for different people. For some people, it means staying in shape and being healthy. For some being fit is necessary to enhance their beauty. Almost every woman nowadays knows the benefits of exercising. Regular exercise plays a major role in reducing the symptoms of menopause. Lack of fitness means an increased risk of illness such as arthritis, cancer, obesity and hormonal imbalance. You don't need to perform heavy exercises for a healthy body as moderate exercise has been found to be more beneficial. Regular exercising will make you more confident and you will have a positive attitude towards life. Exercising at home makes your routine more sustainable. We are going to discuss a few workout tips which are going to help you:
Diet plays a major role in fitness. We are going to explain how you can manage your diet along with exercising. Here are a few diet tips:
- Eating a balanced diet can help you to get the nutrients you need for a healthy body. Eating a healthy breakfast is an important part of your daily routine. Skipping breakfast can leave you with low energy levels. Choosing the right kind of breakfast is crucial. Avoid carbs (White bread and sugary products) and include a diet that is rich in fibers along with milk, yogurt, and nuts.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich sources of fibers, vitamins, and minerals. Try to add more veggies and fruits in your diet.
- Try to choose healthy fats as fat is the main fuel for aerobic exercise. You can have nuts, seeds.
- Pre-Workout snack - Banana is a rich source of magnesium and potassium. You can have a banana before starting your workout or after a workout.
- Try to eat in small portions, take five meals in a day. It means three meals (Breakfast, Lunch and dinner) and two snacks. This idea will keep you away from hunger pangs.
- Stay hydrated - Water helps to cleanse your body. Try to drink 2 liters of water on a daily basis. Avoid canned juices because they contain a high amount of preservative and added sugar.
- Keep a journal of your dietary habits - The most effective way to prevent overeating is to write everything in a dairy, you are eating in a week. This way will help you to avoid eating junk foods.
Exercises to Keep Your Body in Shape
- Surya Namaskar - It is a set of 12 yoga postures that mend the mind, body and soul together. It is a nice workout to do at home. It helps in improving blood circulation. It is the best yoga for elevated levels of cholesterol and helps in maintaining good heart health. Surya namaskar helps to aid digestion by promoting the secretion of digestive juices. Proper blood circulation and digestion enables better absorption of nutrients. It helps to improve the overall health of a person. Deep breathing provides great relaxation and helps in soothing the mind and nerves. Surya namaskar helps to maintain emotional stability.
- The bridge pose - The bridge pose helps to calm the mind and reduces anxiety. It helps in the stimulation of organs such as the lungs and thyroid. It is highly beneficial to relieve pre-menopausal symptoms. Menstrual discomfort is also relieved with regular practice of this pose.
- Triangular asana (Trikonasana) - It is the best yoga asana for stretching and strengthening of thighs and legs. It also stimulates abdominal organs. It relieves back pain, especially in the second trimester of pregnancy. Sciatica, neck pain can be benefited from regular practicing of this yoga asana.
- Bow pose (Dhanurasana) - This yoga posture helps in stretching of the entire body. It strengthens back muscles and helps in improving posture.
- Warrior pose - This yoga pose helps in toning legs, arms and lower back. The warrior pose improves the balance of the body.
- Walking - Walking is the best exercise to lose weight and it can be done easily at home. You don't need a gym membership to lose weight as the most powerful exercise to lose weight is walking. Try to add brisk walking in your daily routine to lose weight fast. Walking helps in burning calories and helps in maintaining weight. Walking at least 30 minutes a day can reduce your risk of heart diseases. Walking helps in maintaining blood sugar levels.
- Planks - Plank is a simple exercise that you can do at home to reduce belly fat. Lye on the floor with your toes and forearms on the ground. Keep your body straight and hold this position as long as you can. Plank helps in strengthening the core and relieves back pain.
- Jumping jacks - Jump jacking is a great exercise to lose body fat. Start with your feet together and your arms by your sides. Then jump with your feet apart and your hands over your head. Return to the start position then does the next repetition. This exercise provides a full-body workout and works for all your muscle groups.
- Running - Running is highly beneficial to lose weight and it is a more effective way to burn calories. Try to make a schedule of running daily at least for half an hour. Running improves health and it is a great way to increase your overall health.
- Jumping rope - Jumping rope is a workout that comes from childhood. Make sure you have the right floor to jump on. It should be smooth. Wear the right shoes to avoid any injury to legs and feet. Skipping or jumping rope is an amazing way to burn body fat. Jumping rope improves body stamina and endurance.