Yellow teeth

Even on using tooth whitening paste regularly my teeth is yellow in color.Are these whitening tooth paste really helpful. Please let me know any home remedies to overcome this yellow teeth problem. Please help

Doctor Answers (2) on Yellow teeth

Yellow teeth may be due to calculus deposition. You may go for tooth bleaching or scaling. I advice you visit a near by dentist for thorough examination post which you can decide on the treatment
Dr. Rohit Agrawal Dehradun | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
The amount of mineral deposit influence the colour of teeth. The amount of enamel remaining over also determines the shade of teeth. Tooth whitening paste do help in whitening but do take long time and the shade difference is not to much. Dental bleaching is a procedure for tooth whitening but this is in office treatment. Some home teeth bleaching kits are also available. Home remedies to keep teeth white are 1. Do take lot of water, it helps remove the long standing food accumulated between the teeth thereby preventing staining. 2. Avoid aerated drinks as much as possible, they cause opening of pores in the teeth causing more discolouration. 3. Try to minimize intake of tea or coffee. 4. Also more intake of coloured food like food which has more of turmeric, also causes yellow staining of teeth. 5. You can go for Dental cleaning / Scaling procedure once in a year regularly to keep your teeth and gums healthy. The procedure is completely safe, and the things which a person hears regarding cleaning is completely a myth. Happy Smiling.