Even on using tooth whitening paste regularly my teeth is yellow in color.Are these whitening tooth paste really helpful. Please let me know any home remedies to overcome this yellow teeth problem. Please help
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
The amount of mineral deposit influence the colour of teeth. The amount of enamel remaining over also determines the shade of teeth.
Tooth whitening paste do help in whitening but do take long time and the shade difference is not to much.
Dental bleaching is a procedure for tooth whitening but this is in office treatment.
Some home teeth bleaching kits are also available.
Home remedies to keep teeth white are
1. Do take lot of water, it helps remove the long standing food accumulated between the teeth thereby preventing staining.
2. Avoid aerated drinks as much as possible, they cause opening of pores in the teeth causing more discolouration.
3. Try to minimize intake of tea or coffee.
4. Also more intake of coloured food like food which has more of turmeric, also causes yellow staining of teeth.
5. You can go for Dental cleaning / Scaling procedure once in a year regularly to keep your teeth and gums healthy. The procedure is completely safe, and the things which a person hears regarding cleaning is completely a myth.
Yellow teeth may be due to calculus deposition. You may go for tooth bleaching or scaling. I advice you visit a near by dentist for thorough examination post which you can decide on the treatment
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.