Yellow saliva in morning

Hi, When I wake up in the morning and spit out the accumulated saliva, I find it to be viscous and yellow in color. This happens even if I brush my teeth before going to bed. I have also tried using mouthwash but to no avail. What can be the possible reason behind this? And what is the cure? Should I be very concerned about it? Thanks & Regards. Chand

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..no need to worry. It usually happens to few people. Undergo teeth scaling from dentist. Keep brushing twice daily. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there ...it could be due to improper oral hygiene, specially the tongue ... After every brushing don't forget to clean your tongue as well...and rinse your mouth with leukwarm salt water 2-3 times a day for 10 days ... If still...u find the same thing...Consult a oral medicine specialist... Take care ..!!
Dr. Anish Goyal
Prosthodontist 7 yrs exp Sirsa
Hi.. No need it to worry. Early morning it's because of leftover food. Make a habit of brushing at night. Also clean your tongue for complete oral hygiene. If your getting yellow saliva whole day, it might be pus also due to periodontist or any abcess. Please visit a dentist for oral check up and examination to find out exact cause. Take care