Wrist paining severely

Since past 3-4 months my right hand wrist near end bone pains a lot whenever I lift something or move it. The pain starts suddenly. Will I have to visit general or orthopedist specialist for it or is it normal I work in IT Thanks in advance for your views Regards Sagar

Doctor Answers (3) on Wrist paining severely

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Hot fomentation. Gentle Stretching of Hand Muscles. Ball exercises. Wrist Exerciser.
Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
Probably another case of REPETITIVE STRESS DISORDER, PLease check within your organization for WORK SAFETY MANAGER , who would be able to help you with some basic ergonomic adjustment of your workstation and also , basic stretches of wrist and hand and strengthening part too. if your organization doesn't have a work safety manager or similar person please consult an Occupational Therapist. even some traction and mobilizing of wrist joint may prove to be helpful. if you tend to remember some past history of injury (3-4 months ago) to the wrist earlier then the approach may have been different
learn how can you maximize your work potential and minimize the work related injuries by few adjustment in your routine and approach to work.
Always remember to take micro - breaks after every 45 minutes of a continuous work even if you are using the most ergonomical setting. Stay healthy
Dr. Sandip Gupta Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
You maybe having tenosynovitis. Please consult Ortho surgeon.