Wisdom teeth
Here's my situation -- my dentist took X-rays and said one of my wisdom teeth is impacted and needs to come out. But it's not bothering me at all. Do I need to get it taken out?

Dr. Suman Makam
Dentist 22 yrs exp Davanagere

Hello, If the impacted wisdom tooth is in a position that is applying pressure on the adjacent teeth/root,then it is better to get it removed as you may loose a good healthy adjacent tooth in the future. Regards Dr Suman Makam Dental Arts Bangalore
Dr. Saifuddin Dhoondia
Periodontist 9 yrs exp Aurangabad

My opinion is to be on regular dental checkups as currently you don't have any issues. You don't need to extract the tooth immediately as it is not bothering you but see to it that recurrent infections in are indications that it has to be extracted. Considering your age it is absolutely OK to wait as after thirty years of age your bone starts becoming more dense. So there will be difficulty in extraction as well as chances of bone loss in adjacent tooth I.e ur second molar increases. Take the decision when it starts bothering you
Dr. Sunita Kapoor
Dentist 22 yrs exp Faridabad

Wisdom tooth eruption is painful and also get carious very fast because the brush doesn't reach till that far end,also depends on your oral hygiene  ,and impacted will lead to inflammation in and around the tooth surfàce,leading. to swelling called pericoronitis.it is advisable to get it removed if it causes cheek bite n swelling,if it doesn't show any thing then get Dental check ups done regularly.
Dr. Vandana Singh
Dentist 19 yrs exp Delhi

Hi. Impacted wisdom tooth if not causing any difficulty should be kept under observation by regular dental checkups and X rays. If it's not damaging the adjacent second molar or is lying in healthy condition inside the bone then extraction could be avoided. But yearly checkup is must.
Dr. Raghavendra
Dental Surgeon 9 yrs exp Bangalore
If it's not troubling u you u can wait till the tooth erupts. If tooth eruption is delayed and pain is comn thn u can plan fr removal. .