Weight loss

How to stop sugary food cravings? ? which biscuits should I indulge in if I want to? What snacks can I prefer other than processed foods? suggest some healthy meals to eat. food items with low calorie and low sugar.

Doctor Answers (2) on Weight loss

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Have jaggery small amounts when u crave for sugar. Wheat biscuits or oats. Food item or snack vary from culture to culture. Go ahead with diet counseling to help u in better way.
Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, hope you are well. Make fruits your first choice to satisfy the sweet craving. Drizzle honey over them. Or a piece of jaggery. If u feel like indulging in a chocolate, have 1 piece and savour it completely. In this case it is more about mind. Once in a while of course you should allow yourself to cheat or else when you end up breaking your resolution, you may have lots and them regret it. As for snack options, sprout chats, roasted kurmura, or wheatflakes bhel. Meal options can be soups with oar bran or 1 fistful dal added to it. It's about your creativity. Biscuits go for whole grain ones, oats based, now a days you have patanjali biscuits which are maida free and also free from bad fats. Yes some do have more sugar which is mostly honey but having 1 or 2 of those is a better option. Hope this helps.